Re: Vintage Racing?

To: OkerWR@navair.navy.mil, Tombread@aol.com, greenman62@hotmail.com,
Subject: Re: Vintage Racing?
From: Tombread@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 14:48:59 EST
In a message dated 3/29/01 1:43:36 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
OkerWR@navair.navy.mil writes:

> In the mid '60's, when normal people could afford a 356 Porsche (would

I bought a perfectly good MGA in 1968 as a parts car.  I needed the front
suspension and disc brakes for our race car.  I paid $175!  It didn't  have a
top, and the paint was a bit flat, but it had no rust.  It also had big
Dunlops on wire wheels.  On a whim my wife went to IRP for a Solo 1 event,
before we took the donor car apart...and won a class trophy in this car.  Now
of course it seems a shame we used it for parts.

The Easley Vintage Grand Prix
IRP, October 6-7, 2001
Proceeds to the American Red Cross of Greater Indianapolis

Tom Butters
The Greens Fork Group
Creative communications
765.886.5098
No City in the history of racing has ever hosted the four greatest events of
their kind,
as we do here with the Indianapolis 500, the US Grand Prix, the Brickyard 400
and the NHRA US Nationals.