13/13 and 7/10

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: 13/13 and 7/10
From: "Mike Cobine" <mcobine@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 22:06:55 -0500
With all this talk about cheating, building cars faster and faster, and
arguments of SCCA vs.vintage, I was wondering what happened to the old 13/13
and 7/10ths rules.

I see a couple say that the 13/13 is still used in some groups but what
about 7/10ths?

I thought the reason for the 7/10ths was that all the battles, all the
records, all the proving it to the world for these old cars was done 25, 30,
40 years ago.  But if the 7/10ths rule is thrown out, aren't you really just
racing?

And if you are really racing old vintage cars, then in essence you are just
a vintage version of SCCA, ie, SCCA circa 1967 or SCCA circa 1972.  So how
is that better?