Re: 2 Winter Prep questions

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2 Winter Prep questions
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 10:46:17 EST
In a message dated 12/3/02 7:22:35 AM Pacific Standard Time, lwdent@fwi.com
writes:

> Since I spent many seasons in successfully campaigning a Super 7, I feel
> somewhat qualified to make several comments .
>
> Upon repair we then put the body back on both with rivets and with a 3 m
> Epoxy glue designed for structural usage.  .
>
> This adhesive is two part and comes in two tubes that fit into a gun
> that dispenses through a mixing tube so the line of adhesive lays out
> pre mixed and in exactly the amount you need.  Makes the 7 frame into a
> little monococque sort of thing and adds a loot of rigidity.  It's worth
> the extra effort, believe me.

While this appears at first blush to be a good idea, I have to question
whether you aren't setting yourself up for some agony the NEXT time you have
to remove the body for maintenance - be it for it's overhaul every couple of
decades, or sooner in the event of a shunt.

Just how easily does the glued-on body come off again?

Bill
(who bolted, rathet than bonded, his TVR body to the frame after sawing it
off the first time)