Re: GM starter no restart when "hot" repair?

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GM starter no restart when "hot" repair?
From: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:04:38 -0500
What goes around  .  .  .  .

Back several decades, I replaced a 92 HP Chevy 6 with a honking GMC truck
engine complete with 3  carburetors, hot cam and 9 to 1 pistons in a 6 volt
Chevy . . Even an 8 volt battery wouldn't crank that 250 HP engine when hot.
I rigged a manual (truck PTO shifter cable) timing control which rotated the
Mallory distributor  about 20 degrees for starting.  A heavy spring returned
the distributor to a substantual adjustable stop used to set run-timing . .
worked for me.

Tony in Texas