Re: Fastest you have ever towed??

To: zero260@comcast.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fastest you have ever towed??
From: MGVADICK@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:58:49 EDT
Oh Yeah!   Back in the mid to late '60s, I raced a Bugeye Sprite out of Cal
Club. One venue was Stardust Raceway in Las Vegas, NV.   I lived in San Luis
Obispo and we would leave Friday afternoon for Vegas in my '62 Jaguar MK II 3.8
sedan tow car pulling the Sprite on a light wt., dropped solid axle trailer.
Spare tires and tools in the Sprite, bags, gear and misc. in the boot and
myself and 3 buddies/crew in the car. Pretty much ran at 65-70mph in
California,
the CHP was active in those days. We would hit the Nevada State line in the wee
hours of the morning - they had no speed limits! The Jag just settled in at
higher speeds. With four wheel disc brakes and long stretches of wide open road
it felt real good doing about 90-95 mph. Of course, I was the only one awake.
Ah for the good old days.     Dick Duncan