Re: 74 EGR valve removal/replacement

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 74 EGR valve removal/replacement
From: edwin.mcguirk@db.com
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 09:38:26 -0400

I'm not sure of the EGR valve but I think that the nut on top of a vacuum
canister is usually used to adjust the sensitivity if the vacuum actuator.
If you moved it very much you may have adjusted the EGR so that it is on
most of the time. When the EGR valve is on/open it acts a little like a
vacuum leak (leaking exhaust gasses into the intake manifold) and it might
cause your engine to keep the revs up.

You might try adjusting that nut on top the other way and see if it changes
things. I have no idea how you would find the correct calibration again if
you cannot remember how many turns you adjusted it.

Ed McGuirk
76 TR6
86 Rx7
88 MR2 Supercharged