RE: rear suspension

To: william.mcintire@wright.edu (Bill McIntire)
Subject: RE: rear suspension
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 23:45:35 -0700 (PDT)
Bill---About 15 years ago I followed Kastner's Comp. Prep. Book on
suspensions. I got what I wanted by using the semi-competition springs
from TRF. The front end came down about 1 " in road height (eventually)
and the rear about 1/2" The rear camber was slightly positive, and I had
to mix-and-match the rear attachment brackets to get the camber into the
negative mode.  It may not do you any good to tell what "notches" I now
have, as our TR's are probably different enough so yours won't come out
quite the same.

It may be enough to say that there are three different style brackets
that bolt the trailing arm to the frame. Each one can be inverted, to
add to the combinations. Each changes the "tilt" of the rear wheel, in
or out at the top.

Dale Morgan summed it up nicely by referring to Brian Lanoway's article
on this subject. Some time ago Brian went to the trouble to listing all
36 possible combinations that effect a change in the rear camber,
detailing to the degree what each would do. Quite a piece of work!

Bill, do not let any of this scare you away from making the change you
want. It's not all that difficult, and the look of a nicely positioned
TR is worth it!

Dick T.
'73