Re: ride height

To: TomRJade@aol.com
Subject: Re: ride height
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 20:11:04 -0700 (PDT)
Tom---On the ride ht. with TRF's semi-comp springs:  Top of the rear
fender lip to ground---27.5 inches with your 205X70 tires---fronts would
be around 26.75 inches  with the semi-comp springs and the same tire
size. (I found there to be some settling, esp. in front, over a few
months.)
You didn't mention your rear wheel camber with the "tall" setting. Would
you say it's "0"? You must keep this in mind when switching brackets.
You may want to disconnect the tube shocks to see if they're adding to
the ride ht. (If so, some have adjustable, or different density
bumpers.)
It IS possible to get the ride ht. down that inch you're looking for,
but it make take a bag full of the three different styles of the
"notches." It will be a mix-and-match effort, as stated in a previous
message on this topic. Notice where the pivot bolt hole goes thru the
bracket, and the angle of each bracket would be when bolted to the frame
rail. From this you'll be able to see which way will cause the body to
drop, when the is between the trailing arm and the top perch.
I too would also want to lower this car back down to where it not not
only looks better by not showing so much wheel well, but helps the
cornering a little.
The ride will be a little less compliant with these springs, as they are
about 20% stiffer. Your car won't bottom out, or squat under
acceleration as easily, either. A good trade off as I see it.
Lastly, you should end up with approx. 1.5 inches of clearance between
the frame and the bumper rubber(s) when at rest.
Tick-tock.

Dick T.
'73