Re: Float height

To: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Float height
From: "Russ Pagano" <pagano@home.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 23:08:21 -0400
Well, Dr. T, your metric conversion makes sense but I changed the float
heights to .750" and my problem disappeared! I do have to test it again
because when I was having the problem the ambient temp was 95 deg F and
when the problem disappeared it was only 68 outside. Here's a theory based
on a non scientific observation (so I guess it's a WAG) -the GJs appear to
be a larger diameter than stock so maybe hard lefts cause the float to
swing from centrifugal force or just from the carbs being off level. This
opens the larger valve and causes flooding.  Happens after idling because
the bowls are fullest plus the combination of rear squat and sharper turn
than at speed. I can't visual which way the float would go on a left to
support this though. Maybe a good tool would be a see through bowl with a
carb cam connected to a laptop on the front seat.  Anyway .750 seems to
work for me without any adverse effects so thanks for the advice once
again.
Russ
71 TR6