RE: Any TR6s that were only hardtop?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Any TR6s that were only hardtop?
From: Will <tr6@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 16:53:24 +0100
>All TR6s were made as convertibles, a removable hardtop was an option.
>The hardtop bolts to the car with special hardware, the softop can be
>left in the car (folded down) or removed when the hardtop is installed.

This got me curious as I bought my 6 (when it was 8 years old) with
just a factory hardtop. I remember thinking that it had never had a
hood before when I fitted one soon after, but I can't recall why...
Checking contemporary reports shows that in the home market cars were
only sold with either hard or soft tops. A converter kit was
available for either option. This could of course be purchased with
the car.

All this reminded me that years ago I saw a used car review that said
softop cars did not have the extra holes in the header rail for the
hardtop bolts. I found that hard to believe, I know the header rail
on my car has 4 holes, any one know if some cars lack the extra
holes? Can't seem to find a clear photo to answer my own question!
--
William Davies
1975 TR6 PI