Re: Any TR6s that were only hardtop?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Any TR6s that were only hardtop?
From: "Charles and Linda Duckworth" <cnlduckwor@ninenet.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 13:40:21 -0500
>All this reminded me that years ago I saw a used car review that said
>softop cars did not have the extra holes in the header rail for the
>hardtop bolts. I found that hard to believe, I know the header rail
>on my car has 4 holes, any one know if some cars lack the extra
>holes? Can't seem to find a clear photo to answer my own question!

I bought my 76 BGR TR-6 with a factory hardtop; the hardtop is not original
to the car as it's white.  I drove it from Omaha to St. Louis
with the hardtop on and the convertible frame and top in the back of my
minivan.  I remember the PO and I had to 'open' the two holes for the
mounting screws by merely poking a hole through the black covering on the
windscreen frame and remove the rubber plugs on top.  The car is very quiet
with the hardtop on.

btw I haven't had it on since this trip three years ago.