Frame Question

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Frame Question
From: "P.J.T. Alferink" <Fam.Alferink@Zonnet.nl>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 21:08:34 +0200
Steven,
Just saw your question. I just installed an OD on my car. My experience with
a 73 TR6-E:
Changing from non-OD to OD the big bracket that bolds on the main frame
needs to be moved from the front holes to the rear holes (there are six in
the main frame). Getting to the nuts is a pain but doable from underneath
(remove the rubbers). The smaller top bracket is mounted such that the
angled part of it is flush with the metal of the suspension rubbers. Mike
was right in that a non-OD 73 needs an extra bracket (Moss 160117 if it can
be found). You nay have to ask a local shop to make the bracket for you (it
is very simple in design). Hope this helps.
Pim Alferink