Re: Plugs and plug wires

To: "Timothy Holbrook" <tjh173@yahoo.com>, "6Pack List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Plugs and plug wires
From: "Russ Pagano" <pagano@home.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 17:23:49 -0400
Tim,
    My ignition setup sounds very similar to yours, XR700, Lucas Sport
Coil, and Bosch platinums (which I swear by as I noticed a marked
improvement in idle and never a fouled plug even with the rocker oil feed
line). Two years ago I installed the Lucas premium silicone wire set for
250/6 and I am happy with the results. The fit is very good although I
think the #1 wire could be a bit shorter. The connectors have never come
lose or otherwise been a problem like I've had with other wire sets. The
insulation seems very good as well.  I've old occasionally driven in the
rain (by accident -sorry TR don't get temperamental on me) and dampness
has not been a problem but you may want to get other opinions as I know
yours is a daily driver in the great white north. As I recall they were
reasonably priced at a local show, too.
Russ
71 TR6
Columbia, MD