leaky header

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: leaky header
From: Opntop@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 20:04:06 EDT
The more I drive it the more I need this list ! Hear a strange noise and
looks like the exhaust gasket leaks at # 4 cylinder . I installed a stainless
steel header a few months ago and used the gasket that came with it ( a dark
gray graphite like material ) the one that was there originally with the
manifold was thinner and metallic. The mounting flange was machined flat
prior to installation. Is there a more appropriate gasket that's more durable
? more leak proof ?
Thanks as always to all
Sal
TR250