EGR service counter

To: 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: EGR service counter
From: KTnKT <ktnkt@cape.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 20:36:39 -0400
  Greetings, Oh Wise Ones....   I would like to remove the EGR service
counter from my 76 TR6 because I'm running a speedo cable from the
tranny straight to the speedometer. The old cable won't pull out of the
tranny side of the counter, I have a longer cable so as to go from the
speedometer to the new (to me) overdrive and the counter is ugly...So
now the question-----will removing the two wires going to this counter
cause any adverse reaction in the operaton of the vehicle ??  Dan's
book, bless his heart, gives a great shot of the schematics and
operation of the counter, but I don't want any surprises with electrical
demons resulting from my actions. I'm hoping I can simply pull out the 2
wires and be done with it.....Next question---- Is there anyone who
simply can't live without one of these??? If so then it's yours, but
wait, there's more. If you act now you also get the short cable that
goes from the counter to the speedometer.
    Thanks for any suggestions and have a pleasant evening,
  Kevin Thompson
76 undergoing major surgery at this time. Resleeved block and all that
goes into it due this week. Oh my God, what have I done to deserve
this?????

When you don't know what to do, walk fast and look worried