Re: EGR service counter

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: EGR service counter
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 18:51:11 EDT
In a message dated 10/2/2000 9:28:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
oktnkt@cape.comwner-6pack-digest@autox.team.net writes:

>  now the question-----will removing the two wires going to this counter
>  cause any adverse reaction in the operaton of the vehicle ??

<snip>

>  I'm hoping I can simply pull out the 2
>  wires and be done with it.

Kevin,

Yes, you can just pull the two wires out. I can't find my own counter right
now, and I don't remember the physical details of how the wires connect to
it, but the two wires are a black one and a light green/white one. The black
wire is ground, and the LG/W wire is the connection to the warning lights.

When you remove the wires, make sure the LG/W wire that is left in the
harness doesn't come in contact with ground - ie, insulate it if need be. No
harm will be done if it does touch ground, as that's exactly what happens
when the counter contacts close, but the EGR warning lamp will light if it
does.

Other than that, nothing to worry about.

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
http://members.aol.com/danmas/
MGBV8 Newsletter:
http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm