RE: Intake Port Spacing Question - Follow-up

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Intake Port Spacing Question - Follow-up
From: "Don Clark" <d@donclark.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 16:56:59 -0700
Hello Everyone,

I got an email from Richard Good this morning that says that the intake port
spacing on the TR6 heads was narrow through 1971. Heads from 1972 on have
their ports spaced farther apart. I plan on replacing the head and cam
sometime later this year when I park the car over the winter.

The thing that brought this on was the DCOE kit that I purchased from
Redline/Weber. They list 2 manifolds, one for one for 68-73 model year and
another for 74-76. I told the guy that everyone else has a different
manifold for the 72 and later models. Unfortunately they can't tell me what
the difference is between the two. I am having them send me the later
manifold, when I get it I will let the list know if it works.

In the meantime I have yet another question: Has anyone here used the
'Cannon' brand intake manifold. Are the DCOE kits that TRF and Moss offer
any better than the kit from Redline? If they are this might be an easier
route.

Later,
Don Clark
Seattle, WA