DCOEs

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: DCOEs
From: "Don" <cdon2013@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 19:16:21 -0500
Yes you can run with the stock fuel pump............
The minimum psi does not seem to be a factor, it is only the MAX that is
stated not to exceed 3 1/2 .

I to belief as D.T. has mention, the PSI to be around 2, but I have heard it
mentioned as high as 2 3/4 from people who have PSI gages.

On the 76 they run a smaller fuel line out of pump,( to carbs ) this must be
increased to the same size as the incoming line from tank.

First thing to do is set all floats with a veneer caliper,  it is important
to have them all the same.
I had set mine all lower than the recommended specs, to eliminate a
potential percolation problem due to a header application.

And by setting & resetting a few different times, to different  open / close
settings.
 I discovered that the fuel level in the shared well has a very close
relationship to the Emulsion tube..............  one peace to a 3 part main
jet assembly to be discussed later.
This will be the very last change if necessary.

The next most basic things to check on the bench, is the throttle levers
that fit to the spindle, these can be sloppy.   Out of 9, I only found two
that had NO PLAY.

Next throttle plates, or valves as Haynes calls them must move and close
FREELY, if they stick, it is because one or both outside spindle nuts have
been over tightened.

Contrary to belief these DCOEs will give a very equel and precice amount of
fuel delivery if properly jetted to the current state of tune.

DON