re door problems

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: re door problems
From: TR6me@cs.com
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 21:05:57 EDT
Steve,  I had the same dilemma some time ago. I removed the door panels and
found that the tracks the window rides in were terribly worn. rather than
paying the extremely expensive amount the big three want for new door tracks
I simply striped the old guides of the old weather stripping (fuzzy seal
stuff) and glued in a piece of heavy duty black felt. it cost a lot less and
has worked wonderfully. as for you door handle, there is an adjusting screw
in the inside of the door that will enable you to adjust the travel on the
door push. Good luck and take your time removing the door panels.

Mark Johnson
72 and 73 tr6