Re: Windows & doors/2cents

To: "The Whites" <ythouse@netrover.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Windows & doors/2cents
From: "Valerie Stabenow" <hlub34a@aeroinc.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 20:55:30 -0500
I have a 73 and went through this mess. I had early training on my
Spitfire, so the handle battle was not a new one.

I was going to redo the entire interior so the door panels had to come
off anyway. You need to buy new window glides/channels and make sure
the nylon glides are snugged to the glass, before final install.

The new channels were not bad to install, but those pins for the door
handles are enough to make you crazy!!

I did get a great tech tip from the list....get a 1.5-2.0 diameter
piece of pvc. about an inch long. cut a section from that so the
"tool" looks like a C. Position this tool between the handle and the
door panel and "operate" (get the pin in place) in the opening of the
C. I ended up taking the springs out because there was just too much
thickness to get the pin installed.

this is also a great opportunity to lube up all the door crank
mechanisms, locks, etc.

Valerie Stabenow, mga, tr4a, xk-e, tr6