RE: Gauges-Tires-Rims

To: "6 Pack (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Gauges-Tires-Rims
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:15:14 -0600

The Dunlop wheels seem to have a code stamped on them which indicates a date
(wheel production date?). Look at the rim carefully and you'll see something
like 15x5.5, a part number and a 3 char code. The code will be something
like F6D. Apparently this means the sixth month (F), 1976 (6) and the fourth
week (D). On my car all five wheels have this code and since it was built in
Jul 1976, that makes sense.

This wheel trivia is courtesy of the triumphs list (from a few years ago).

Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO