Re: weber dgv carbs

To: LU110JATC@aol.com
Subject: Re: weber dgv carbs
From: "Kevin D. O'Connor" <oconnor@fuse.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 17:14:24 -0400
The maintenance has been very little.  These are quality carbs.  When I put
them on the car in 1987, I was driving the car daily.  The Stombergs were
sucking air from the throttle shafts.  The carb swap, as you might expect,
was remarkable.  Others who've driven my car like the throttle response, and
I autocrossed the car for several years without any problems.  You can go
from full-on to full-off over and over and over again.

My car has the Crane ignition, 2 pc. header, elect. fan.  Everything under
the valve cover is stock.

The benefits as I see them for this conversion are:  drivability,
reliability and throttle response.  The criticisms I have are with the
gooseneck adaptors.  They need to be port matched to the stock manifold carb
openings, IMHO.  I did this about three years ago and did notice a
difference.

These are a great alternative to stock.  The ultimate, however, is Weber
DCOEs.  A TR250 I know of with a cam'd engine and DCOEs ran away from me at
a stoplight like I was still parked.  Very cool!

HTH, Kevin