Clarification on position of layshaft

To: "6pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clarification on position of layshaft
From: vze2846b <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 07:48:29 -0400
Sorry for the confusion re the location of the layshaft.  My rebuilder
has already completed the OD unit and is now inside the gearbox.  The
layshaft he referred to is inside the gearbox.  When I mentioned the OD
transmission, I was speaking about the gearbox and OD as a unit.

However, I am wondering if I misheard him.  Maybe what he was talking
about was the main shaft in the gearbox.  Is this the shaft that would
get ripped-up by a thrust washer failure?

Thanks for all the responses.  I did find new A-type main shafts in the
Rimmer catalog last night.  I guess I might be sending to England to
replace the part.

Peter Macholdt "68 TR250

Peter Macholdt
609-466-2127 Phone