Dashboard lettering restoration

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Dashboard lettering restoration
From: HalMorton@webtv.net (Harold M. Morton)
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 15:10:47 -0500 (CDT)
Listers,                                                         Does
anyone know of a practical way for the amateur/home restorer to replace
the white lettering when refinishing a TR wooden dash fascia? I`m
referring to the "BRAKE" and "HAZARD" labels between the speedo and
tach. I`m re-doing several  that I`ve acquired, and have the reveneerng
and finishing under control. I`d sure like to be able to restore the
lettering to an original look. A clerk at a hobby shop suggested vinyl
or "rub on" lettering from an office supply store, but  haven`t found
any the right size. Any help/suggestions from you graphc arts guys and
gals out there would be appreciated. Thanks,

Hal Morton                                                  Pascagoula,
MS