RE: Pulley/balancer/fan extension bolt

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pulley/balancer/fan extension bolt
From: "rpatton" <rpatton@clinic.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:29:42 -0500
Kyle,

Hugh is correct about the 90 to 100 lb torque but Haynes lists the bolt as
5/8" UNF x 2 1/2". In fact the bolt is much longer as it holds the TR6 fan
extension in place. The same engine used in other applications may use a 2
1/2" bolt. If I remember correctly the special bolt is about 5" long. A 5/8"
grade 5 fine thread bolt is plenty strong and can be max torqued to 200 ft
lbs.

A friend makes a spacer kit to eliminate the original plastic fan and it's
required long extension. My TR6 now has this spacer and an electric fan. If
you are interested in the spacer kit, contact Ken at delivery@cdh.net. The
spacer makes for a very nice clean conversion to a puller type electric fan.

I just read Dick's reply about torquing to 100 lbs with a drop of blue
Locktite. That sounds good to me.

Rick
75 Delft blue TR6
rpatton@clinic.net