DCOE's and Icing

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: DCOE's and Icing
From: "Don Clark" <d@seanet.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 00:00:37 -0800
I'm wondering if DCOE's are more prone to icing than other carbs.

I still have a couple more weeks that I will need to drive my TR6 this
winter and had what I thought was an icing problem this evening on my drive
back from Portland, Oregon. After about 100 miles the car started running
really rough. I pulled over at the next exit and stopped at a gas station.
The car barely idled and I noticed that the brake felt like it wasn't
getting the normal amount of boost.

I opened the hood to see if the intake gasket was bad again, but it looked
fine. I then thought maybe I had some bad gas so I went inside and bought
some gas line drier. I started the car again before adding the 'Heet' and it
ran great. Probably 5 minutes had passed from the time that I pulled in
until the time that I restarted the car. I added the heet anyway and filled
the tank.

I drove the other 70 miles home with no other problems.

The weather was wet, temperature in the high 30's to low 40's. Could it have
been that the carbs iced up?

Thanks,
Don Clark
Seattle, WA