Re: Heater Control Valve

To: blueturtles@yahoo.com (Jon)
Subject: Re: Heater Control Valve
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 16:22:09 -0800 (PST)
Jon---Many owners complain that they can't get a 'full swing' up and
down the ramp of the valve. I get about 3/4 travel on mine, so I adjust
it to favor being always able to shut it off, as I don't want heat at my
feet most of the year. Anything over half open seems to be enough to
provide hot water flow into the cockpit for those days when I want it.

Years ago these valves blew their diaphragm too frequently to suit me.
Like yearly. Co-incidence or not, I haven't had to change one in about
15 years since going from a 13 to a 7 lb. radiator cap.

Dick T.