Re: Heater Control Valve

To: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>,
Subject: Re: Heater Control Valve
From: "Paul Johnson" <pjonmanana@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 21:28:06 -0600
Good point on the adjustment.  It is a problem with HVAC designers to get
the controlability right for all circumstances.  In this case, an off the
shelf valve had to be specified, and it might or might not have been just
exactly right for the size of the heater core, the size of the interior and
the water flow from the pump and all the various engine speeds.  So, like
Dick suggests, adjust to allow a complete 'off'.  The TR6 core is large
enough for the space it needs to heat, that it will flood, or get hot, quite
quickly.  The trick then is to cool it back down.  Remember that if the core
is fully hot and you turn the valve off, it will remain hot for quite some
time until the heat is eventually all transferred into the interior.  And
that is too long to suit us.

Paul
'72