re: bent frame

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: bent frame
From: "Mike Brinker" <74@tr6world.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 20:28:04 -0500
Joe,

I was really amazed at how flexible the car is when it is up in the air on a
hoist.  When I first purchased my 74 TR6, I had to replace the frame
outrigger sections (crossmembers) where the training arms attach.  I made
the mistake of having both doors opened when the car was up in the air.
After two days,  the frame repair was completed and the car was set back
down.  When I closed the doors there was a very noticible gap near the top
of the doors.  All it took was two heavy guys to stand on the floor boards
behind the seat and some gentle bouncing to get the car back to it's proper
state.  Since that time, I always keep my top up and the doors shut when the
car is placed up on a hoist.
I would only keep the car on stands as long as necessary.  Better yet, If
you happen to have a hardtop, put it on when you have to put the car up.

That is my 2 cents.

Good Luck,

Mike Brinker