Re: Leaking fuel pump

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Leaking fuel pump
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:41:22 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I just want to chime in on this one... I think I would try "all the
above", but I would not discount blowby as a possible source of the oil
leak. In fact, on an older British car, I would more or less assume that
some bloyby exists, unless the person in question is running "total seal"
compression rings.

To wit - the original poster indicated "good compression", but did not
state as to wheter any cylinder leak down exists. Just a small amount of
crankcase positive pressure will make oil come out of the strangest
places.

The point is - in an effort to be thorough in your testing, you should not
eliminate _any_ possible source of the problem. 'till you find the
problem, of course.

If it was my motor, I'd try a leak-down test - it's simple, it's effective
and it eliminates a _lot_ of guesswork.

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |