Re: Leaking fuel pump

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Leaking fuel pump
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 16:04:19 -0500
Well, I tried out the Eastwood leak-down tester today.  Sorry to say that I
couldn't really give it a good run through its paces.  It looks well made
and I'll bet it will do the trick on a decent engine.

On to my main concern.  I couldn't get any pressure in any of the cylinders.
I thought it was the tester so, using the hoses provided with the test kit,
I then connected an air line (@50lbs) directly to the #1 spark plug hole.
Sounded like a den of snakes in the engine crankcase.  The air is blowing by
something.

This engine has 5,200 miles on it.  I bought it rebuilt from one of the big
three.  My first guess it that the rings never seated.  I'd love to hear
other opinions before I contact the re-builder.

Peter
'68 TR250