Re: adjusting valves

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: adjusting valves
From: James M Jerrel <jjerrel@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 09:44:09 -0500
Hello.  Just a quick question.  What is the best (ie- easiest way) to
turn the crank to get the valves in position?  Should you bump the
starter or manually turn the crank?  If you are bumping the starter, how
do you get it to stop exactly on TDC?  If  you are manually turning the
crank, how best to do that and do you need to remove all the plugs to
eliminate the compression in order to turn the crank?  If these are
simple questions, I apologize but I am not a mechanic so I am not  very
smart on these kinds of things.  Thanks.

James Jerrel
jjerrel@juno.com
70 TR6  CC52867L