RE: adjusting valves

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: adjusting valves
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 10:51:44 -0700
Actually I should correct myself here...

Upon further thought, I don't think I've ever used this method to turn the
entire drive train, I've only done it with the gearbox in neutral. Somehow I
doubt the alternator nut would turn the drive train (but I'm happy to be
proved wrong). I think if I wanted the drive train to move (without the car
moving down the road), I'd lift the one rear wheel off the ground and turn
the wheel by hand until the desired position is achieved. With the car in
4th gear as before.

Sorry for any confusion.

Peter Zaborski -- CF58310 UO