Re: Air/Fuel gauge and O2 sensor

To: Bernie <bernd.vabeach@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Air/Fuel gauge and O2 sensor
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 11:34:02 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 24 Dec 2001, Bernie wrote:

> Sorry if this is off the subject a bit, however if anyone on the list can
> help me in locating a manufacturer/retailer of an in line gas pressure
> guide, I seem to have run into a blank wall trying to buy one, as always
> thanks to all for your time and effort concerning this request
> Bernie
> 74  TR6
> CF20268U

If you mean fuel pressure guage - then all the racer parts houses have
them (Summit, Jegs, Racer Parts Wholesale, etc.). Figure $20 for the guage
and then you need a method to tap into your fuel system... the guages all
have 1/8" NPT fittings, so you need to make a block with three 1/8" NPT
taps... one for the gauge, one for the inlet and one for the outlet. Then
you need two 1/8" NPT barbed hose fittings for the tiny fuel lines... I
use 5/16" where I can. Don't buy the fuel line tap from Summit - it's for
3/8" fuel line - _waaaaay too big for your Triumph_. You can get it to
fit, but it's way overkill for the job.

If you want a "remote cockpit mount" gauge, these are more expensive
(typically $100), but allow fuel pressure monitoring in the cockpit (in a
fire-safe manner). Plumbing is a bit more complicated but not a big deal.

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |