RE: What is an old car worth?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: What is an old car worth?
From: "Creamer, Mark" <CreamerM@cintas.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 09:58:09 -0500
VTR has a listing of general value guidelines that I used when I bought
my car about 2 years ago. You can find it here
http://www.vtr.org/TR6/TR6-buying.html

While the above price guideline hasn't been updated as far as I know in
quite a while, most would agree the TR6 has appreciated in recent years.
I bought mine in the mid 9's, and it was appraised at 10k. It's a VG
condition, mostly original car with 56,000 miles. BTW, of all the cars I
looked at before I bought mine, it was the ONLY good one priced fairly.
I looked at absolute trash priced at 12,500 and above!!

Still, I think prices are best evaluated by a knowledgeable person in
your own area. I'll bet there's someone in your local 6-Pack chapter
that could take a look for you. One more caveat - I took my car to a top
vintage car restorer, recipient of numerous national awards including
one at Pebble Beach Concours, and he appraised my car at $7600. Just
goes to show, not everyone knows Triumphs ;-) Be sure whoever appraises
your car knows what he or she is doing.

HTH,
Mark Creamer
6-PACK Membership Secretary