Re: Rear Bumper - Late Model

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear Bumper - Late Model
From: CP25616@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 12:00:32 EST
Anyone know if there is a different side mounting hole location for the
side rear bumper assemblies.  The side mounting holes bolt into the rear
quarter panels.  My originals from my 75 TR6 have the side mounting hole
located near the bottom of the bumper piece.  I have a set of new side
bumper pieces with one having the side mounting hole located in the
middle and not near the bottom.  So the two don't match up and can't be
installed.  Could this be an earlier TR6 mounting location or just an
error on a rechroming/fixing job?

Hi Jim
Sounds very much like you have one proper TR6 side bumper section and one 2.0
or 2.5 saloon estate piece. The one with the inner fixing located near to the
end of the bumper is the proper TR6 item and the other with the inner fixing
nearer to the centre of the bumper will be the saloon estate version.
Hope this helps explain the difference but it proboly won't help your task.
Kindest regards from Scotland
Alan Graham    TR6PI   CP25616  0