RE: rear bumper - late model

To: 6 Pack TR6 List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: rear bumper - late model
From: James Henningsen <jdhenn@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 08:59:51 -0500
Thanks for the replies on the bumper corner pieces.  For what it's
worth, I found out that I have an early model TR6 rear corner bumper bar
and a late model piece.  The side mounting hole (bolts to rear quarter
panel) on the early model TR6 has a square looking bracket and the
mounting hole is centered in the bumper.  The side mounting hole on the
late model has a inverted Y shaped bracket with the mounting hole
positioned towards the bottom of the bumper. In addition, the late model
has the bracket located closer to the front edge of the corner bar
(about an inch) than the early model.  This would move the rear bumper
section out away from the car about an inch when installed. I assume to
make room for the rubber bumper mounts.
Thanks again for the help. I keep learning all kinds of cool stuff with
these cars.  Now to install the hardtop. :-)

Jim Henningsen
Kissimmee, FL