Re: Leaking shifter rod seals

To: Cliff Davies <cdavies@holzher.com>
Subject: Re: Leaking shifter rod seals
From: Jim Davis <jdavis@ldl.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 09:08:22 -0500
Cliff,
The job is not difficult, but a bit time consuming to get the springs
and little ball bearings back in place. Follow the directions in the
Bentley / Haynes manuals and you should not have any problems. To remove
the detent cups I just tapped one side of the cup with a small flat
blade screwdriver and it rotated so I could get a pair of needle nose
plyers on it to pull it out. New plugs are (were, when I did mine about
6 months ago) available from TRF. I have some if you can't find them
elsewhere.
Good luck!
Jim Davis
Foertson., GA