RE: TR6 4 pot brake upgrade

To: "Todd Bermudez" <red_tr250@hotmail.com>, <hurls@world.std.com>,
Subject: RE: TR6 4 pot brake upgrade
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@telocity.com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 21:54:08 -0700
Todd,

Lee's conversion uses the Late 70's Toyota 4WD caliper with a stock TR6
rotor.  It works great - I have done the same conversion on my car.  The
Ebay offering was (what looked like) a later Japanese caliper (same profile
as the Toyota caliper previously mentioned, but wider to clear the vented
rotors) with vented rotors. Looking at the picture on Ebay, it looked like
the rotor was very close in diameter to a stock TR6 item, as no mounts were
provided to space the caliper out farther.  It sure would be interesting to
know the original source for the caliper and rotor.  If I was the buyer of
the Ebay item, I'd want to know that info so I could buy replacement pads
and rotors when they wear out.

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6