RE: spreading steering rack mounts

To: "6 Pack (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: spreading steering rack mounts
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 13:04:05 -0600
Sorry should have been more specific...

My mounts are both loose because I loosened them myself (that's another
story). And the reason the VTR trick doesn't seem to work is that I can't
them far enough apart to properly tighten one side which would then brace
the other side when I turn the wheels the opposite way. I just seem to end
up going back and forth with no discernible progress towards fully
separating the mounts. That's why I thought I'd need to use something to
spread the mounts. And whatever I use has to fit in the limited access
afforded by a fully assembled car.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO