Re: Motor keeps running

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, "P.H.Z.@12move.nl" <p.h.z@12move.nl>
Subject: Re: Motor keeps running
From: "Nelson Riedel" <Nelson@buckeyetriumphs.org>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 07:59:56 -0400
Hi Peter,

A higher octane gasoline somtimes cures this running-on or dieseling as us
Americans call it.  The carb version of the '73 through '76 TR6s exported to
the US were equipped with an anti run-on valve to prevent this.  I don't
believe the valve was used on the PI versions. I undserstand some US cars
have made their way to Europe, so if you have one of those, you might check
out the note at the following link --- checking of the anti run-on valve is
described about half way through the note.

http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/Carbs/CarbsIII/CarbsIII.htm

Nelson Riedel
Granville, Ohio
'68TR250, '76TR6, '70TR6 (project)