Re: Triumph long block

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumph long block
From: Ed McGuirk <emcguirk@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 12:32:42 -0400
I have a head and block from a '76 lying around and I am located in Wayne
NJ about an hour and a half from you.

Many years ago I had my engine rebuilt and had the head milled to 10:1
compression ratio. When I was reinstalling the engine, the floats in the
carbs stuck and flooded the engine. The rings never completely seated.

I removed the anti-run-on valve when I removed the carbon canister and
found that the car would continue to run when shut off unless I added 1
gallon of race gas per tank of gas.

A few years later the frame failed and I decided to buy a replacement frame
from TRF. I also decided it would be a good time to freshen the engine to
stop the smoke from unseated rings and the run-on from high compression. (I
don't know what I was thinking but at the time I never considered
reinstalling the anti-run-on valve)

At that time a short block from TRF was cheaper than fixing the cylinder
walls and new rings.

So, I have a block and 10:1 head lying around. I will have to check and see
how much hardware is still installed on the head. I'll also have to check
their condition and how much money I should want for them.

Interested?

Ed McGuirk