Re: vacuum

To: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>,
Subject: Re: vacuum
From: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 14:19:09 -0400
Dick, since my undated shop supplement is obviously for an earlier
2 pot set up, do you happen to have the actual factory specs
(static and dynamic) for my 1974 one pot ignition timing?

Right now going by ear, I'm at 8 BTDC idling with pot connected
which goes to 36 BTDC at 3000 rpm and shows 26 BTDC idling with
pot disconnected/plugged.

Runs A1 and no pinging, but that 26 number is way off from your
suggested 12 max. My last setting was retarded by 12 degrees
relative to the all the above and was sluggish and had the exhaust
leak sound at idle. I checked the damper (without a micro gauge).

Mike L
60A,67E,59Bug,74TR6