Fwd: RE: Oil Pressure

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: RE: Oil Pressure
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 10:06:30 -0700 (PDT)
Wow, those are some pretty high numbers!  I'm not sure if those are
typical of most Triumph straight sixes.

My oil pressure gauge is the stock piece and isn't great,  but my
brother has a GT6 with an aftermarket mechanical gauge, and his numbers
are about the same as what my gauge shows.  Here's what he has:

Cold idle (1500 rpm): around 70 psi.
Hot idle: 20-25 psi.
Hot cruise: 50-60 psi.

When I say hot, I mean normal operating temperature.  I almost cooked
my engine last summer (a hair away from red on the temp gauge) and oil
pressure at that point was almost nonexistent at idle.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6