RE: Synthetic oil

To: "Paula J. Graffam" <pjgraffam@juno.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Synthetic oil
From: "Terry Geiger" <tgeiger@aitinc.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:26:38 -0500
Al,

I run synthetic Mobil 15-50w in my daily driver.  Do NOT use this oil to break
your engine in as there is a good chance the rings will not seat correctly.
The synthetic does get by the seals easier than the dino oil so putting
synthetic in an older engine with tired seals will probably cause oil leaks to
worsen.

Oil pressure is about the same as running dino oil and I can tell no difference
in engine performance when running synthetic vs. dino oil.

Terry
'74 TR6