main bearings and oil pressure question

To: "'JPHaeg'" <haeg1@mninter.net>, 6pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: main bearings and oil pressure question
From: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:34:36 -0500
this is a question about my big Healey engine, not the TR6 engine, but I'm
thinking the answer would probably be the same because the engines are
similar in design. Looking at the note from John H. which described how he
redid his main bearings, my engine is showing very similar oil pressure to
his "before" numbers -- ie roughly 20 pounds at 2000 rpm, 30 pounds at 3000
(this is when hot -- they're higher when engine is cold).

this engine has been rebuilt, but probably about 20 years ago. Runs well,
doesn't use any oil.

Are these readings so alarmingly low that I should take action? I drove the
car from Washington state to Washington, D.C. five years ago with no
problems.

--Graham