Re: Help! Gas Leak!

To: James Tabor <jattr6@hotmail.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help! Gas Leak!
From: "Robert L. Gannon" <trsix74@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 13:31:42 -0400
Stop! Before you go taking the carbs apart check the bowl plug. If you take
your hand and reach under the carb bowl there is a plug that can be removed.
If you have a later version it is a plastic plug that you simply pull
straight down. If you have an earlier version then you need a very short but
very wide straight screw driver to undo the plug. Sometimes these have been
tightened so they are real tough to unscrew. At this point you will need to
undo the float bowl. Thinking that you might have the later plug, pull it
down, replace the O ring which has shrunk and hardened, making sure you
grease the ring with rubber grease and reinsert. Your problem is now solved.
Do them both as the other will go soon. Should you be one of those that has
the older version, once the plug or the bowl has been removed replace the o
ring, and remember to grease up. The bitch here is working blind and feeling
rather than dismantling the entire carb set up.
 Good luck and I hope this helps. Let me know.

Robert L. Gannon
trsix74@comcast.net
TR6   1974 CF22956U
TR3A 1960 TS70951L