Oops

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Oops
From: John Griffiths <John.Griffiths@uregina.ca>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:13:50 -0500
Hi Folks:

For a long time as I've worked on my '73 TR6 I've had an oil pressure
switch on order. Therewas just a plug in its place. The oil pressure
itself is fine by the way. In the meantime I've got lots fixed and the
car's running beautifully (until...). The switch arrived today. I have
Dan Masters' irreplaceable electric book and so I checked the schematic
and the marks on the back of the switch (P, S and I). P is earth and I
was OK there. Somehow I managed to get the other two reversed though
(something to to with personal gyroscopic misalignment and orientation,
I'm sure). Regardless when I turned the key there was a new click
(which I now believe was the switch engaging fully) but the car
started. It ran horribly unless I gave it some juice. I shut it down.
Then I discovered it would not start again. Tried a few times with the
wrong connection (click every time). I checked if there was power to
the plugs (there is) and there seems to be fuel pressure but no magic.
When I realized my error (AAAAAA!!!!!)(which I'm frankly at a loss to
explain) I set the switch up properly but there's still no magic (also
no click). Car no start. The anti run-on valve and the oil pressure
lamp etc must have been connected in reverse.

Sigh... what have I DONE? How can I fix it?

Thanks.

John

john.griffiths@uregina.ca
Professor, Dept. of Music,
Development Director, "Mini-University",
Riddell University Centre 256.15,
University of Regina,
Regina, Sask.
S4S 0A2