tr 6 fuel pump

To: "6 - Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: tr 6 fuel pump
From: "Walt Philipson" <wphilipson@bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 17:47:35 -0400
I just replaced my fuel pump. The replacement is a used OEM pump with the
strainer dome on the top. The one I removed was an Italian made replacement
without the dome. It was no longer pumping, hence the replacement.

The dome on the pump hits my tach drive cable causing it to make a sharp
bend just as the cable exits the metal jacket at the end. I'm concerned that
this will cause the cable to fail. Is this normal?

Fuel is leaking from the bolt on the top of the dome. Should there be a
fiber washer or something to seal the bolt? Right now it's just a regular
washer.

Walt Philipson
'74  TR6