RE: Ouch, my seat hurts

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ouch, my seat hurts
From: "Creamer, Mark" <CreamerM@cintas.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 09:02:25 -0400
Grant, I recently completed a complete overhaul of my seats, and it made
a HUGE difference. You can purchase all of the parts you'll need from
our typical suppliers. In my case, I got a new set of seat foams, new
diaphragms, and new support straps. You'll also need a can of Weldwood
cement and some 3M spray adhesive.

You'll need to make sure your seat covers can survive the "stress" of
stretching back over new foams. If there are already rips, they will
likely get worse. I was fortunate enough to be able to use the original
covers, and had no problems doing so. Otherwise, you can purchase new
ones.

When you shop for the seat support straps (these are the straps that go
between the seat back and bottom frames), it might be worth checking if
any of them come "pre-made". Mine came in a long roll of material, and I
had to cut them to length, attach the clips and then install. Not
difficult once you get the hang of it, but if one of the suppliers sells
them with this part already done, it might be worth it.

With all of this said, I don't know how much of it applies to your early
car because your seats are a different style from mine, but hopefully
some of it will help.

Nelson Riedel has an excellent tutorial on re-upholstering seats on his
local club's web site: www.buckeyetriumphs.org. I found it very helpful.

Best of luck,
Mark Creamer
6-PACK Membership Secretary